Friday, August 13, 2010

Rest In Peace Dave...

Dave passed away this morning, August 13 on his 45th birthday. During his treatment for bladder cancer Dave was a huge inspiration for many of us, especially me. His "just get over it" attitude was a breath of fresh air at times when we needed it most. I'll miss Dave...

Dave left these words just before his passing...

My beloved family, I have left my body but I have not left you.
We still have eternity, not just our years here which seem so few.

In your great pain, know that I have no pain so please let me go.
I enjoy many new experiences which someday you will know.

My beloved family, you were my strength, joy and my light.
I love you all so much and you will always be in my sight.

I know that my passing to new life has given you so much pain.
But like the rainbow, remember the sunshine before the rain.

My beloved family, you gave me such happiness and love.
I will keep sending you my love as I care for you from above.

It is only for a short time that we will be apart.
So keep on living, loving and laughing until then.

In the meantime, I will be near you with my warm embrace.
That is my presence you feel when you remember my face.

There will be a day when God calls you but you will not be alone
I will be there that day to greet you and welcome you home.

No comments: